Midland Survey Services (MSS) assumed responsibility for the provision of surveying services to the Federal Airports Corporation at Perth International and Domestic Airport in 1995. MSS continued its professional association when the airport was sold to the new owner, the Westralia Airports Corporation.
Midland Survey Services has maintained a full-time Engineering Survey crew at the Airport since 1995. Throughout the contract MSS and staff have maintained thorough and regular training in the necessary skills and clearances to work independently within the rigid framework of airport safety and security. These skills and clearances have provided substantial efficiencies to the client.
Specific skills required:
- Airside Driving Clearance
- Detailed Knowledge of Runway/Taxiway Layout
- Radio Communication Competence/Protocol
- Emergency/Security Procedures
- Organisational Structure and Procedures
MSS provides the following engineering survey services on a daily basis:
- Contour and Feature Surveys
- Precise Level Surveys
- Set-out Surveys
- As-constructed Surveys
- Control-establishment/maintenance of the PSM Network
- GPS Surveys
- Various Maps, Plans and Diagrams
- Underground Cable Tracing
Although primarily engaged in the provision of engineering survey services on a day to day basis, MSS additionally provides cadastral survey and drafting services to the airport on request. These include:
- Lease Surveys
- Boundary/Re-establishment Surveys
- BOMA Surveys
- Cadastral Plans and Diagrams
Midland Survey Services has also successfully performed numerous survey tasks for a variety of clients occupying or developing sites within the airport precinct, and numerous assignments at regional airports within Western Australia and the Indian Ocean Territories.